b. 5 November 1923 in Pöttsching, Burgenland (A), d. 8 October 2010 in Pöttsching, Burgenland (A); Austrian sculptor
|1946-1952||Studied at the Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna under Albert Paris Gütersloh, diploma in painting|
|1950||Workshop in his parents' house, produced his first sculptures|
|1953||Move to Vienna|
|1954||Member of the artists' circle "Der Kreis"|
|1956||Six-month study visit in Rome (grant from the Austrian Ministry of Education and Art), trip to Greece|
|1959||Commissioned by the government of the province of Burgenland to create a boundary stone|
|1962||Deutscher Kritikerpreis (Fine Arts category) awarded to the "symposion" group with special mention of the achievements of Karl Prantl as the initiator of the symposium concept|
|1968||City of Vienna Award for Sculpture|
|1977||Visits to New York and New Mexico|
|1978||Move back to Pöttsching, Burgenland|
|1990||Construction of the studio on a field in Pöttsching, architects: Hiesmayr/Waldbauer|
|1991||The Nuremberg Way of the Cross (1971-1991)|
|2008||Grand Austrian State Prize|
Many of Prantl's works can be seen in public places, parks and a wide variety of natural landscapes because most of them were created during sculpture symposia.
Whether they're in Berlin or Nuremberg, Osaka or Shodoshima, St. Wendel, Oggelshausen or Frenswegen, Vermont or Florida…. they can be found in the open air for the same reason!